Canada Day takes place July 1… Whether you are enjoying a swanky rooftop party, joining the crowds at the fireworks, or just relaxing at home, make sure you celebrate our nation’s birthday in style! Below are some festive ideas from the shops and services at Eagle Creek Village to make this occasion extra special.
Party Food & Drink
Are you holding a Canada Day party? Have fun with your spread and make Canadian themed dishes, with ingredients available at Quality Foods at Eagle Creek Village:
- Entrees could include west coast salmon, east coast lobster, and/or steak from the prairies. For more casual fare, try burgers or hot dogs topped with Canadian bacon.
- Try northern inspired sides like baked beans, potatoes, and fresh green salad.
- Add a sweet apple or blackberry pie topped with vanilla ice cream drizzled with maple syrup for dessert. Butter tarts and Nanaimo bars are also yummy treats that originated in Canada! Red and white iced red-velvet cupcakes are another great option.
- Want to make the event extra special? Host a candy table featuring Canadian candy like Bridge Mixture, Coffee Crisp, Mr. Big, Caramilk, Crunchie, Crispy Crunch, Aero bars, or Glosette pieces; provide small red bags for the guests to fill with their treats.
What to serve for drinks at your Canada Day fête? Here’s a few suggestions:
- Serve a selection of locally produced craft beers and ales from Cascadia Liquor.
- Serve Caesar cocktails (invented in Canada) made from vodka, clamato juice, Worcestershire sauce, and Tabasco sauce, served in a salt-rimmed glass and garnished with a stalk of celery.
- Ginger ale is a great Canadian pick for non-alcoholic beverages.
- End the festivities with a selection of coffee and tea from Canadian’s much-loved Tim Hortons.
Home & Table Decor
Hosting Canada Day festivities at your home? Decorate your place with red and white throws, pillows, tablecloths and placemats (that could be reused for other holidays) from A Step Above. Add Great North inspired pieces like birch finish candles, lodge-look frames, and other rustic pieces from A Step Above.
Looking for other inexpensive Canada Day décor options? Add matching red or maple leaf design flags, banners, paper lanterns, or balloons from and table décor like straws, plastic utensils, and decorated drinkware from Dollar Tree.
Dress up for the big day with Canada Day gear and sport your Canadian pride! Find an assortment of fun red and white maple leaf emblazoned tees, caps, bandanas, and pins at Dollar Tree to add festive touches to your outfit.
Happy Canada Day! Eh!